This week, during Design Technology, Year 5 and 6 have been busily researching, designing and constructing bridges. They were set the task to design and build a bridge which:
- was 15cm tall and 30cm in length
- was able to stand on its own
- was able to hold the weight of a toy car
- was made from, and using, the materials and tools provided (e.g. wood, cardboard, glue-guns, hack saws)
- contained an electrical element
The children had a wonderful (but challenging) time designing and constructing their bridges and said they all learned many new skills as well as a few life-lessons, such as "measure twice, cut once!"